A fantastic opportunity has become available here at The Lines Company (TLC) where keeping the community connected is a big job. The King Country relies on us to keep our whare, our farms and our businesses powered up, 24/7. So, we need fantastic people who want to work for their whanau and community (and love to have fun at work!)
This role is part of the Network Team based in Te Kuiti responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the network. Our focus is to ensure the network meets our customers’ needs on a day to day basis and is operated, maintained and upgraded in a sustainable manner that takes advantage of all technology to enable use by future generations.
The Senior Project Manager will lead a team and contribute to the achievement of the Network Business Plan, managing programmes of work to meet the customer requirements, ensuring project completion is within approved budgets, agreed deadlines and is conducted in respect of appropriate technical, quality, safety, risk and environmental policies and procedures demonstrating TLC values and behaviours at all times. You will establish and maintain positive and constructive working relationships internally and externally monitoring, reviewing and evaluating team performance and providing specialist guidance and support while mentoring /coaching as well as supporting a culture where diversity is respected and valued.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A graduate degree or diploma in Engineering or related discipline
- Membership of a professional institute (preferable)
- PMP or equivalent certification
- 8+ year’s knowledge/experience in project management methodologies
- Experience in managing large multi-discipline complex projects
- Demonstrated proficiency in the electricity industry and with the plant associated with the generation of electricity.
- Experience in heavy engineering which includes project engineering and management
- Exceptional relationship and communication skills with a collaborative style of working.
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to make judgements that stand the test of time.
- An uncompromising approach to Health & safety and ability to drive H&S excellence through a controlled network environment for all works carried out on or supporting the network.
Opportunities like this don't come around very often so if you’ve been thinking about taking the next step in your career, want to be part of a high performing organisation which provides essential services to our community and your values align with ours, apply today.
When the right candidate comes along, we’ll snap them up, so don’t delay.
On-going training and development along with career advancement opportunities will be available to the successful candidate in this role.
Safety and wellbeing are paramount to us, so our recruitment process involves a Ministry of Justice criminal background check, medical and fitness checks and a pre-employment alcohol and drug test.