A fantastic opening is now available to become part of the team at The Lines Company who pride themselves on keeping the community connected. The King Country relies on us to keep our whare, our farms and our businesses powered up, 24/7. So, we need fantastic people who want to work for their whanau and community (and love to have fun at work!)
This role is part of our Network Team based in Te Kuiti and is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the network. Our focus is to ensure the network meets our customers’ needs on a day to day basis and is operated, maintained and upgraded in a sustainable manner.
This is a highly exciting, busy and varied role. Manager Project Delivery will be no stranger to building positive working relationships and working to tight deadlines, you will actively manage a team of five and will contribute to the achievement of the Operations Business Plan, by managing programmes of work according to customer requirements, ensuring project completion is within approved budgets and agreed deadlines, is conducted within appropriate technical, quality, safety, risk and environmental policies and procedures. On a day to day basis, you will develop clear project plans, that are scoped with all the required specifications to meet the needs of the business and then ensure the plan is adhered to.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A graduate degree or higher diploma in Engineering or related discipline
- PMP or equivalent certification
- Membership of a professional institute
- 10+ years knowledge/experience in project management methodologies
- Experience in managing large multi-discipline complex projects
- Demonstrated proficiency in the electricity industry and with the plant associated with the generation of electricity
- Experience in heavy engineering which includes project engineering and management
- A demonstrated understanding of commercial drivers an understanding of contract law and Conditions of Contract.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills with a collaborative style of engagement and experience dealing with internal and external parties.
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible and creative approach to problem solving, good judgement and a proactive, positive “can do” attitude.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to organise and motivate self to meet deadlines
- An uncompromising approach to Health & Safety and ability to drive H&S excellence through a controlled network environment for all works carried out on or supporting the network.
Opportunities like this don't come around very often so if you’ve been thinking about taking the next step in your career, want to be part of a high performing organisation which provides essential services to our community and your values align with ours, apply today.
When the right candidate comes along, we’ll snap them up, so don’t delay.
On-going training and development along with career advancement opportunities will be available to the successful candidate in this role.
Safety and wellbeing are paramount to us, so our recruitment process involves a Ministry of Justice criminal background check, medical and fitness checks and a pre-employment alcohol and drug test.