- Lead a small dynamic team
- Provide critical services to the community
- Te Kuiti based
Our client, the Lines Company Ltd (TLC) owns and manages the electricity distribution network throughout the King Country. TLC is part of The Lines Company Group, with divisions in several different capacities of the electricity sector including electricity line renewals, metering services, electrical contracting services, and environmentally friendly electricity generation including several hydro schemes.
The region TLC supply is large with many remote rural settlements and farm connections. The terrain is rugged and stretches from the west coast to New Zealand's highest connection point in New Zealand on Mt Ruapehu. Their network is 4,500 kms long. Their primary aim is to provide a reliable supply of electricity at an affordable price to the 24,000 people they serve.
They are currently looking for an Engineering Design Team Leader to head design services as well as lead and support their small dedicated team to deliver power system designs, as well as exploring, analysing and adapting new technologies and design methods to support the business operation. In the role, you’ll ensure best practice service delivery to external and internal customers.
You’ll enjoy managing the power design process from end to end using optimum design techniques and principles to support power supply projects with a strong focus on quality and safety throughout. Continuous improvement will be critical as this role works to ensure the wider design team (including external stakeholders) operates efficiently and effectively and that the models and concepts used are ‘fit for purpose’ for current and future needs.
You’ll be able to:
- Lead and support a team to deliver high quality results
- Have a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Manage multiple projects
- Undertake quoting and estimation
- Make quality decisions
- Possess a relevant qualification - minimum NZCE, BSc (Eng) or equivalent
- Have a minimum of five years demonstrated experience in power system/distribution network design
- Be an excellent communicator who can relate at all levels and work with stakeholders inside and outside of the business
- Contribute to operational plans and have a strong understanding of health and safety protocols and NZ H&S legislation
This is a great role in a business undergoing transformation; here is your chance to be part of that change. If you are ready for a challenge, and seeking to expand your career by having a direct and significant impact to the development of a power distribution network then this role is for you. They offer a competitive salary, the opportunity to work in small, close-knit community with a dedicated team.
If you think this sounds like you, please apply below through our HR Partner, HR Connect Ltd.