Here at The Lines Company we are passionate about connecting people and communities in the King Country. We’re a community-owned electricity distribution company and we’re proud to operate and maintain a network that can always be relied on.
We are located in an idyllic location in the heart of the North Island with stunning lake and forest scenery – it’s the perfect place for water sport enthusiasts, mountain bikers, hikers and people who love to fish or hunt. From urban sprawl, rural landscapes, the mountain, to the coast – we have it all!
Reporting to the Team leader Electrical Services, this role requires an experienced electrician to work as part of our Network Services team.
Key responsibilities include network fault finding and repair, network maintenance including proactive and corrective maintenance of 230V, 400V, 11kV and 33kV overhead lines and underground cables, operation and switching activities, new electrical reticulation construction and being rostered on the 24-hour callout roster. The role includes climbing up the odd power pole or two and working in weather that can be challenging.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A current practicing licence as a Registered Electrician
- The ability to self-start and work independently and as part of a team
- A flexible and creative approach to problem solving, good judgement and a proactive, positive “can do” attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills with a collaborative style of engagement and experience dealing with internal and external parties.
- The ability to lift weights up to 20kg
- Commitment to the provision of quality services and meeting customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to organise and motivate self to meet deadlines.
- An uncompromising approach to Health & safety and ability to drive H&S excellence through a controlled network environment for all works carried out on or supporting the network.
In return, you will be part of a high performing organisation which provides essential services to our community. It’s critical that your values will align with ours and so if you think this role sounds like you, apply today.
Safety and wellbeing are paramount to us, so our recruitment process involves a Ministry of Justice criminal background check, medical and fitness checks and a pre-employment alcohol and drug test.