Looking for a great job with lots of development opportunity?
Keeping our community connected is a big job. The King Country relies on us to keep our whare, our farms and our businesses powered up, 24/7. So we need fantastic people who want to work for their whanau and community (and love to have fun at work!)
Working as part of the Network Services team, this role requires a multi-skilled, reliable and physically fit driver/labourer.
Key responsibilities include assisting our line mechanics in line construction, maintenance work, erection of distribution equipment, cable laying and line patrolling. You will have experience operating machinery and heavy vehicles along with an ability to apply common sense thinking to problem solving. Your ability to organise your time and work in a physically demanding role is a must. A clean Class 1 and 2 licence is essential for this role.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- NCEA level 2 or equivalent work experience
- Full Class 1 and 2 licence
- Knowledge of industry safety requirements
- Experience with underground works, trenching, foundation preparation
- Advocate and demonstrate good Health & Safety practices
- Able to lift heavy weights up to 20kg
- Common sense problem solver
- Tracks and Wheels licence (desirable)
- Forklift license (desirable)
- Traffic Controller/STMS – (desirable)
On-going training and development along with career advancement opportunities will be available to the successful candidate in this role.
The Fine Print
Safety and wellbeing is paramount to us, so our recruitment process involves a Ministry of Justice criminal background check, medical and fitness checks and a pre-employment alcohol and drug test.
We may close the position early if we find a great person, so apply today!