Keeping our community connected is a big job. The King Country relies on us to keep our whare, our farms and our businesses powered up, 24/7. So, we need fantastic people who want to work for their whanau and community (and love to have fun at work!)
The Lines Company, has subsidiaries in several different capacities of the electricity sector including electricity line renewals, metering services, electrical contracting services, and environmentally friendly electricity generation including several hydro schemes.
We now have opportunity for a Customer Experience Representative to provide exceptional customer service. In this role you will provide first call resolution for Customer Experience functions ensuring knowledge, skills and process are correctly applied; maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of services, functions and processes; and apply best practice customer service techniques.
It’s important that you will live our values by treating all internal and external customers, respectfully and professionally. Information you provide will be timely and accurate in person and via the phone/email or online. Naturally you’ll have a customer service orientation, great communication, and good knowledge of industry legislation and policy, customer experience systems; ensuring the customer is at the centre of everything we do.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 2+ years’ experience in a Customer Service role – preferable
- Experience working in an inbound/out bound service role.
- Electricity Industry experience - preferable
- High attention to detail
- The ability to deal with difficult customers as a first call responder, diffusing situations before they escalate.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills with a collaborative style working in teams.
- Proficient in using technology with the ability to understand and use systems effectively
- Advanced communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent team work skills and passion for working collaboratively
- Time management and organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
A competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a dedicated and close-knit team. This role is typically 40 hours per week, worked Monday to Friday. Full training will be provided for the successful applicant. If you think this sounds like you, please apply below.
The Fine Print
Safety and wellbeing is paramount to us, so our recruitment process involves a Ministry of Justice criminal background check, medical and fitness checks and a pre-employment alcohol and drug test.
It is also a requirement that you must already hold a NZ Passport or valid working visa to apply for this role.